This has probably being doing the rounds in South Africa since late last week, but for those that have not yet seen it:
- Expedited Bid Submission date 6 October 2015
- “Returning Compliant Bidder” are exempt from submitting Land & Environmental sections:
- if compliant in previous submissions
- if using same Technology (i.e Onshore Wind)
- same Contracted Capacity
- intends to locate its Project on substantially the same Project Site
- includes in its Bid Response, a completed Project Site scale drawing for its Project
- submits a complete Appendix AA (Returning Compliant Bidder Declaration)
- the Project layout may be different to what was previously submitted
- Of the new 6300MW Third Determination that is due shortly, anticipated allocation:
- Onshore Wind: 3000MW
- CSP: 600MW
- PV: 2200MW
- Small hydro: 60MW
- Biomass: 150MW
- Biogas: 50MW
- Landfill Gas: 40MW
- Small projects: 200MW
- MWs available for Expedited Bid Submission:
- Onshore Wind: 650MW
- CSP: 450MW
- PV: 520MW
- Small hydro: 40MW
- Biomass: 100MW
- Biogas: 25MW
- Landfill Gas: 15MW
- Small projects: 200MW
- Following Expedited Bid Submission, if all MWs are allocated, 4700MW of the Third Determination will be available for future bid windows
- Projects must be capable of beginning commercial operation before the end of 2019
- Must be based on an estimated Financial Close date of mid-2016.
- Price caps for onshore wind and solar photovoltaic have been re-introduced for the Expedited Bid Submission Phase.
- Onshore Wind: R760/MWh (using a base date for CPI adjustment of 1 April 2015)
- PV: R870/MWh
- Only fully indexed price to be submitted.
- Last date for Registration of Interest (as per Briefing Note 23): 10 July 2015
- Bid Registration Date: 08 September 2015
- Last date for Department to issue Briefing Notes: 22 September 2015
- Bid Submission Date: 06 October 2015
- Preferred Bidder Announcement: 11 December 2015
- Financial Close no later than: 31 July 2016
- all shallow connection works will be completed on a self-build basis.
- In the Expedited Bid Submission Phase any Bidder may include in its Bid Response, in addition to the time and cost estimate letter from the Grid Provider, an opinion from an independent engineer which confirms the feasibility of an alternative grid connection solution (“Grid Solution Opinion”) which could be applied in the event that the Bidder is a Competing Compliant Bidder.
- Bidders should note that a decision by the Department to appoint them as Preferred Bidder on the basis of an alternative grid connection solution proposed by such Bidder, shall not entitle such Bidder to increase its Price, as a result thereof, at any stage in the procurement process.
- If any Bidder includes in their Bid Response the involvement of any person: who is or who is Related to any other Government official or person with the ability to influence or to have influenced the decision of the Department with respect to the appointment of Preferred Bidders, such Bidder may, in the sole discretion of the Department, be disqualified.
- Development Fee to be paid to Treasury (and not DoE)
- Bid Response: a master and one hard copy
- Provide a master and one hard copy of the FEIR
- Equity finance requirements have been reduced:
- No audited financial statement for last 3 fin years
- No Letter of Confirmation of funds for Equity Finance
- No net asset test or track record test
- No Letter of Indicative Support from Alternative Funders
- No compliance certificate for wind turbine model
- No track record of contractor capability
- Only changes to cater for evaluation of fully indexed tariff only
[Thank you to Ian for sharing this with me]