I have updated the overall list of preferred bidders (previous post here) based on this morning’s DoE media announcement.
Press release from the DoE found here: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=566339060135913&id=316555815114240
Big news items:
- Financial close for Round 4 expected for Q4 this year
- Additional capacity to be allocated to round 4. Word on the street is that this is in the region of 1GW
- Another 1.8GW may be allocated to an additional procurement round (Round 4.5). This would be an expedited application process, open to bidders who were unsuccessful in previous rounds. A good opportunity for developers to get returns on their development costs…
- Round 5 due to be issued next year, with updates to the RFP
- Finally, the DoE intends to apply for a further allocation of 6.3GW of RE capacity.
Bid day folks. Big day.